Monday, January 18, 2010

Was college designed by rich people, for rich people, in order to control the knowledge and thus the power?

I realize a lot of poor people go to college, and some make it out okay. Then again, some go completely bankrupt trying to pay back $40,000 student loans (or more) plus all the interest.Was college designed by rich people, for rich people, in order to control the knowledge and thus the power?
An undergraduate cirruculum today completes what once was included in a high school eduction.Was college designed by rich people, for rich people, in order to control the knowledge and thus the power?
No i wouldn't say it was made for rich people but it was definetly created to make people rich, think about textbooks.
That's the way the world works, my friend. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
Well, yeah it was created by the rich, however I think at some point this might backfire. I mean if they don't get us through the loans I mean... But I gotta say I'm making it through college without taking any loans yet (l'm a senior)





I mean I worked my freakin but off to stay loan free though, I didn't take the easy way there. I work full time and go to school full time. It's not easy but I rather suffer now than suffer later with those pesky loan interests.
Yes I think so. We have a $50,000.00 in student loans for my daughters college. We are going to slip the cost. I think the people that get the biggest shaft is the middle class. They say you make too much money for financial aide but we have to live on that money as well.
I agree, I still haven't got two of my books yet. IDK when I will have the money to get them.
Yup.





To FlowerChild: in some countries healthcare IS free (Canada [I'm Canadian]).
I completely agree. EDUCATION AND HEALTH CARE SHOULD BE FREE!!!! College loans are the #1 reason for young people having debt these days. It's ridiculous and I shun the entire industry.
school wasn't made by rich people-


the first schools were the schools of philosophy.


college is just an extension of non-obligatory schooling.


some are incredibly expensive, community ones instead are affordable. plus, countries like italy are countries where universities aren't expensive.


about the knowledge.. school generally controls knowledge to me, not just college. although this isn't s statement you can make for all schools.
good information
I am a student studying in London UK, I am Tens of Thousands of Pounds (not dollars) in debt! I come from a 'poorer than most' background... and I really have to come out of University with a Large Paycheck... otherwise I am screwed.


Meanwhile the rich people get the penthouse apartment in the student halls, so that when they go to the toilet it seems like they are excreting on us poorer students.


This is how life is I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment