Saturday, January 16, 2010

How do I add a volume control/mute button to a web page I am designing(using Microsoft Publisher 2002)?

I am using Microsoft Publisher 2002 (Part of Pffice XP for Small Business-2002) to build the web site %26amp; I know very little about what I am doing. Each page has a background midi playing %26amp; I want to give the person veiwing the page the ability to control the midi volume or mute it completely directly from the web page. Can this be done. THANKS!!!How do I add a volume control/mute button to a web page I am designing(using Microsoft Publisher 2002)?
No, this cannot be done. It is also worth noting that midi playback is dependent upon a plugin. This may well be standard in Internet Explorer, but it sure isn't standard in Firefox 2.





Therefore you are probably best off all round using a Flash-based music player which has mute and volume functions.





Having said all that, if you really think that most of your visitors will want to turn the music down or off (which is more likely) then you should reassess your desire for including the midis in the first place. I know that many people's reaction is to close a site completely if it starts making unwanted noises, and that surely can't be what you want to happen.





Finally, it is worth pointing out that Publisher isn't even the best Office app for making websites. But still, if it's working for you, then best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment